Sunday, July 20, 2008

Try something new today - Stromboli

Call me naive. But up until 3 months ago I had never heard of a Stromboli let alone tried one. We used to live in NJ and our wonderful friends who still live there came up to the country for a visit. This recipe I am about to share with you is one of the best things I have had in my life! The stromboli that was made was actually ham/mozzarella/chedder and the other half was Italian sausage with mushrooms and mozarella.





1 package refrigerated pizza dough
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Marinara sauce
black pepper


On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with a single layer of ham. Roll up tightly from a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Along the top make slices in dough on the diagonal. Brush top of loaf with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut with a serrated knife. Serve with your favorite marinara for dipping.



Now isn't that the most delicious looking thing ever?! And Alex isn't too shabby himself. ; )
Did I forget to tell you that Alex made this for us? My husband isn't the most skilled in the kitchen - but you gotta love a man who cooks! Thanks Alex! Please come back soon! : )




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had known what stromboli was before now, you can be sure I would have tried it. Thanks for letting us know. I'm so going to make that recipe. Yum!

Angelia said...

We love stromboli, but haven't made it in a while, nice reminder. I have desert over at my blog.
Nice design layout of your blog, also.

Anonymous said...

a woman after my own heart!! i DEFINITELY want to try this recipe--- i swear i was an italian in a previous life. a couple of weeks ago i blogged a recipe for lamb kebabs and saffron rice that's pretty tasty, i would recommend it! i love your blog layout and your style! :)

Unknown said...

hey thanks for the comment.... that looks so yummy I have never tried it I may have to branch out and make it this week. Good luck with your etsy sales!

Bee said...

Oh yummy! It looks so good. Think I will give it a try.

My Art Garden said...

Cool recipe,looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

im hungry

T.Allen said...

we're vegetarian but, i'm going to jot this recipe down and link your blog when i veget-ize it, i'll be back to tell you how it went. thanks for sharing!!

The Stewart Stuff said...

I, too, have never had stromboli! My kids love making homemade pizza, so why not!?! Thanks! Can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

My hubby and I loved the stromboli! I made it last night!! So easy! I also made the cookies! yummy! I love that you post recipes on here. Keep posting more!