Monday, July 14, 2008

Promos, goodies, packaging, etc...

Before I became a seller on Etsy and I would make purchases - I would notice the differences in how some packages arrived. I am a visual, tactile person and appreciated the effort that was put into the care and presentation of their goods. When you open something that is wrapped nicely, whether it was tissue paper tied with ribbon, or tucked into an organza pouch - it was like opening a gift. So I kept in mind all of those things that made an impact on me.




When it is time to order more packaging supplies I will be going with a little bit different color scheme. But for now, I package all of my shirts in clear cello bags and then tie a raffia bow on them. In the padded envelope I also include a couple of different goodies. I just started doing these markers but I love the simple (and inexpensive!) effect they have.















And in today's mail I just received these fantastic clothes pins from a seller on Etsy. They turned out so good and I can't wait to start sending them out. But first I want to add a magnet to the back of each one so they can be used and seen on the refrigerator.
Some may wonder what is the purpose of all of these promos. I know some fellow Etsians give out pin back buttons or bookmarks. But I wanted something more useful.
So far I have recieved great feedback from my customers about my packaging and the little extras they get.

7 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

You know I love your packaging! I can't help but notice the cute shirts pictured (Summer and Sydney's)! I'll have to order more to get the clothes pin magnet and cool pen! Way to keep it fresh!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Love the clothes pins!!

Hippie Dippy Designs said...

Those clothespins are wonderful promo items. Thanks for sharing! = )

Anonymous said...

I am loving those clothes pins!! I hope there will be one in my package this week!!!

Lily said...

The markers are a really cute idea as are the Craisins with the recipe.

JillHannah said...

Very clever! I hope these things work out for you. Best of luck!

Sara said...

I think you may start seeing a lot more clothespins coming in as promo items -- great idea!