Friday, June 20, 2008

This is where I create...

I would like to invite you into Alayna's Closet. Not literally of course, but where I create everything you see in my Etsy shop and more! I have temporarily taken over my daughter's playroom while my attic studio renovations are on hold. Luckily the nice bright colors I painted are lively and fresh for my shop also.

As you are standing in the doorway you face my shipping table. A gorgeous thing I found at my local HomeGoods. I keep my mailing envelopes, labels, tape and other supplies here. Also you can see my fabric stash in the clear containers.
To the left of that is my ironing board where all the magic happens. I cut out all of my designs here. On the tall bookcase is various bins for scraps and receipts and folders for my patterns and invoices. In the photoboxes towards the bottom is my grosgrain ribbon collection. And of course my little radio. I jam out to 93.7 Mike FM in Boston while I work.
Next up is my comfy leather chair where I stitch all my shirts and totes. It does double duty as a reading chair before Alayna's bedtime. We both enjoy a good Dr. Seuss book.
This storage unit was actually in my kitchen for the last 4 years. I used the towers in a craft show I did about a month ago and decided to use it in my room upstairs. It does a great job of holding all of the plastic bins that I keep my shirt inventory in. I have a wide range of sizes for both boys and girls and many colors to choose from. Right now I probably have about 150 shirts in stock. But you can see I still have a couple open spots - so I will keep an eye out for more cute styles!
And finally a little space that isn't filled with something that I use as a back drop for my product photos. I recently ordered a pinnable mannequin and a plastic half form that I love! They defintely help to show my items better and they don't run away like Alayna does when I try to take a picture. : )
And that closed door you see is the stairway up to my in the future studio. Can't wait!

Thanks for joining me in my little space of creating heaven!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks so great... you are doing a wonderful job. I love looking at the space where you create! It is decorated so nicely too! So cute!

I am so sorry to read about your husband. I want you to know that I will be praying for him and for you. Keep your eyes on Jesus, and cast your cares upon him.

God bless!
Emily
remember me? wall candy? http://www.emrick123.etsy.com

Mariana said...

I' d love to have the space you have! Not only because you have tons of room, but also because you are able, therefore, to have storage boxes and bookcases, all arranged and pretty and reachable!!! You dont have to go through a million little boxes to find that one thing.

I like your blog! Im going to add it to my bloglines so I can read everytime you update.

here is mine if you care to check it: www.florcitasart.blogspot.com

The Stewart Stuff said...

What an adorable space!!! I would be more creative if I had that room to work in! No wonder your shop is so awesome!!!

Kunklebaby said...

What a cute room! Great for creating in, I bet.
Your SO organized too-I need some help in that department,lol.

Anonymous said...

I just love the look and feel of your blog. It is nice to see inside where all your creating is done. I just moved into a new home and still trying to rearrange my office space and personalize it but I am having no luck :-) Thanks for taking us behind the scences.

Aurelia and Annalise said...

I love your blog and I love this idea of showing off your workspace! I am trying to make my basement laundry room into my studio and yours is great inspiration!

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

I like your choice of decorator colors for your crafts room! Inspiring!

Your Esty baskets are beautiful!