Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A good fit?

Today Alayna and I headed out to do some shopping and decided to stop into our local Mother & Child store. I have previously bought things from their boutique section where they have cute clothes, books and toys, and organic items that you wouldn't see in Target or Babies R Us. And today was no exception. Alayna got these adorable ladybug hair clips. And these even cuter shoes. While strolling around inside I came across their "handmade" corner and actually recognized some hair clips that I bought for Alayna on Etsy from MayaPapaya! Then while talking to the owner about my Etsy shop, Alayna's Closet, she gave me a business card for her daughter who also has an Etsy shop and a boutique in Boston called OakBoston. It's a small Etsy world!

So anyhow, the majority of their business in Mother & Child is people buying the used items. We went over the specifics of consigning my shirts with them - but unfortunately I don't think it would be a good fit. When I muster up the courage there are several other children's boutiques near me that I will approach and hopefully they would want to carry my designs.

Until then...

3 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

You will find the perfect fit! You are so talented and your shirts are the highest quality! Don't give up!!!

Unknown said...

You are so talented I love how your childrens t shirts have so much color and style.Keep up the wonderful work.

Heather said...

Oh wow - I'm sure stores would LOVE to carry your items. Your shirts are adorable!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog; if you didn't I would have never discovered your adorable shop. :)