Monday, June 9, 2008

More platelets please...

Today was another gloriously hot and humid day in New Hampshire. Did you catch the sarcasm - it is dripping - like all of us here. It was around 98 degrees and over 100 with the heat index. I keep telling Paul how much I miss the dry heat of NM and Phoenix, but he always laughs at me. He doesn't think there is a difference, but I know there is. Luckily I picked my parents up at the airport this morning and my dad installed the a/c.

Meanwhile, Paul is enjoying his nice, cool hospital room. Ok, maybe he isn't enjoying it and would rather be sweating it out here with the rest of us. But I digress. The doctors are trying to boost Paul's platelet levels before starting the chemo today so they gave him 3 bags of them. His chemo treatment today is one that is injected on his behind. He is still eating really well and keeping his energy up. I noticed his hair is getting long too. He is due for a haircut but wants to wait until it falls out. My sister said 2 friends of hers from work had chemo and their straight hair grew back in curly. We joke about Paul's doing the same. : )

3 comments:

Momma Cupcakes said...

Hi Amanda, sorry I am just catching up with you now. I'm glad to hear the doctors are on top of everything. Stay strong and keep looking into beautiful Alaynas' eyes for support. We know how hard this is, we have been going through it for years w/ Brian's dad. It's been 5 years and he is still holding on strong. Thanks for keeping us all posted w/ the blog.
Kim

jenscloset said...

I just found your blog through the recent blog thread..my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love your cheerful attitude at such a difficult time! You are a real example to me!

Love ya, Jen