Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finally...

Paul is coming home today! Atleast I am pretty sure he will be. They have stopped giving him an injection that boosted his white cells and his body has been making them on his own. So they have been watching the levels the past 2 days and will check them again today. If they stay as they have been - he will be released from the hospital about noon. He will still need to go back down to Dana Farber on an out patient basis 2 times a week for his chemo. This Friday he will also be having another bone marrow biopsy to check for any cancerous cells.

I just got back from taking my parents to Logan airport. They had been planning on staying for my birthday and then a few more days, but they both had gotten sick while they were here. So now I will be spraying Lysol everywhere this morning before Paul gets back. But having him home again is the best birthday present I could get!

3 comments:

Jason and Jenn said...

Oh thats such great news Amanda. We bet Paul can't wait to come home and be with you and Alayna. We hope you have a very Happy Birthday too...Having your whole family under one roof again is the BEST present ever.
We will be in touch inthe next few days to see how you all are doing.

Love,
Jenn, Jason, Matthew, & Kaylee

Lisa said...

Such good news!

The Stewart Stuff said...

Lysol is my best friend! I am so happy for you! Cuddle close to him every night! What a blessing to have him back in your bed!!!

Love ya, Jen