Sunday, June 29, 2008

Try something new today...

My sister, my husband, and I seriously enjoy this special oil dip at a local restaurant - Giorgio's. While you are waiting for your meal you get a little dollop of this gorgeous green stuff on your plate along with some crusty bread. You pour your own olive oil on top and eat it all up!

So I finally decided to attempt to recreate my own version of it. I scoured tons of recipes online and mostly found odd additions that I didn't think we would enjoy. Can you say Anchovies?! But the majority of them had bases of parsley and garlic. So that's where I started.



  • 1 bunch parsley



  • 2 heads of garlic



  • 1/2 cup olive oil



  • crusty bread


Essentially, mince the parsley as fine as you can. I do not have a food processor so I chopped and chopped and chopped! The same with the garlic - except I do have a garlic press so that was much easier. Put those in a bowl and add the olive oil. you really need to let this macerate in the fridge overnight. The parsley will give way and the garlic will really take center stage. This is obviously a very garlic heavy recipe. Use as much or as little as you prefer. Serve it on a pretty little plate and sop it up with your bread. Yes you will smell like garlic! But if your honey eats it too then it's ok! : ) Bon appetit!



PS - If you have your own recipe for something like this dip please feel free to share. I would love to try another one!

1 comment:

Sew Gracious said...

This looks delicious! I'll definitely give this a try.

If you enjoying cooking you might want to check out:
http://www.modkidboutique.com/cookitblogit/

Patty, of ModKid is a longtime creative force in the boutique world, but has recently started a cooking club on her blog. Anyone can join and it's a great way to share yummy recipes!

Thanks for sharing YOUR great recipe, Amanda! :-)