Friday, June 27, 2008

Around the house...

One of the things I love having around my house are birdhouses. I am not really sure why I developed such an affinity for them when we moved to this house in New Hampshire. Maybe it is because I have never lived anywhere where there have been so many trees around. Outside you can always hear something chirping, singing, or even squawking. My first few birdhouses I bought at a really cute shop called At Wit's End in downtown Peterborough. After that I started getting one for Christmas every year from my husband. I just love seeing all of the different styles and colors. But the best is when I hear little baby birds yelling for their mama bird because they are hungry.




What do you love having around your house?
My current poll is over, thanks for voting! For my next poll it will fall in line with this post. You have now seen some of my favorite birdhouses around our yard. What would you like to see photos of next time in - Around the House? Vote now!

2 comments:

GemsByEm said...

I love birdhouses too! I kind of think of them the same way I thought of dollhouses when I was a little girl. :-)

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love that they are from Paul! That makes them even more special!!!