Sunday, June 22, 2008

Try something new today...

Another thing I love doing is buying cookbooks, trying out new recipes, and watching cooking shows. So you think I would be some awesome chef, right?! Umm, not really. But I do want to share with you recipes that my family really enjoys.

Today it is Goulash! Well the recipe that I originally followed called it One Pot Rigatoni. I make it different each time I do it depending on what I have in the pantry. Besides being ridiculously easy to make, it is fast, easily adaptable to your families likes, and of course it tastes so delicious! Last night's version is as follows:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 large can crushed tomotoes w/ garlic
  • box of pasta (rigatoni, ziti, cellentani, etc)
  • 1 can corn (drained)
  • 1 can black beans (rinsed)
  • 1 small can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • shredded mozzarella

In a stockpot brown ground beef. You can season the meat at this time. Drain excess fat. Add all the ingredients in the pot, except mozzarella, and stir. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve on a plate and add mozzarella. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

Yumm! Can I come over for dinner? I'll have to try that one out! Thanks!!!