Friday, July 18, 2008

Around the house... Living Room

Thank you so much everyone for voting in my poll! The winning choice this week is my living room. Like many rooms of the house it too is only partially completed. I was very gung ho into the project in my 9th month of pregnancy with Alayna. I guess you could say I was nesting. I did it all in about 2 days time when my husband was away on a trip. The parts that aren't done, even after 2 years, is the trim around the opening into the sunporch and the painting of the wainscotting on the lower half of the wall.



Wow! Ha ha - I found this photo taken of me and my handy work shortly after I finished my living room. Don't laugh! I was nearly 40 weeks here. : P








I loved my sofa - which I had for a couple of years before Alayna came along. Needless to say - it isn't exactly creamy white anymore. It might be time for a new one soon. I don't know that I will be going to Ethan Allen again though. The curtains are different also - I have double width ones that are fuller and span across the bay window. They are still chocolate brown. And yes I still have the pack and play in my living room. We still change diapers there. Although looking at it here makes me realize I should retire the thing. Hmmm. Anyone need a pack n play?


This fireplace juts out into the living room which is otherwise shaped like an alley, long and narrow. Anyone have any ideas for my tired looking display on the mantle? I am sick of looking at those square wreaths but I can't bring myself to throw them out.




And then we have my little bookshelves that are no more. Like most men my husband wanted a LARGE tv. I didn't want that big contraption hanging on the wall above the fireplace so the next logical place was on the built in console. Paul and my dad ripped out the shelves to make room for the big black box. I was promised some more shelves around it. I am still waiting...



So that is where we spend a majority of time as a family. Thanks for joining me! Make sure you vote in the new poll and let me know what you want to see next in - Around the house!


2 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love your paint choices! What a bright and beautiful room! I love the fireplace and how it is 'in' the room!

Kari said...

What a pretty room! My husband also commandeered prime wall space for a big black box. Looking for a creamy white couch for myself right now.