Friday, August 1, 2008

Try Something New Today - Zucchini Craisin Bread

I was at the supermarket and saw mounds and mounds of big, green, lovely zucchinis - and the only thing I could think of was yummy zucchini bread. I went to trusty Allrecipes and found a highly rated recipe and of course had to tweak it to make it my own. My family loves craisins and I thought it only natural to throw some in here. They plump up nice and juicy in the bread and help to make it very moist!


  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 cups grated zucchini (about 2 large zucchinis)
  • 1 cup craisins


    Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wisk together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, baking powder. Beat eggs. Add and mix well sugar, vanilla, and oil. Add zucchini and craisins to egg mixture. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

I dusted it with a little bit of sugar on top but it wasn't necessary. This bread was sooo delicious! If you try this recipe out please let me know if you loved it too!

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love Zucchini Bread! It is a simple way to sneak veggies into my kids tummies! Yumm!!!