Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm on a mission!

I am off to buy some cookie sheets, shelf paper, and magnets.
I was reading one of my favorite magazines and saw this and thought it was so pretty! They will be perfect to hang on the wall above my shipping table. I only hope I can find paper as nice looking as the one they show.
Message Center

Get the message across with a repurposed cookie sheet.
CRAFT MATERIALS:
Non-aluminum cookie sheet
Ruler
Scissors
Self-adhesive shelf liner
Scrap of wood
Hammer
Large nail
Empty can
Glue (we used Crafter's Pick The Ultimate)
Supermagnets
Bottle caps
Card stock
Markers

Time needed: About 2 to 3 Hours
1. Measure the back of your cookie sheet and cut a piece of shelf liner that's an inch wider and an inch taller. Stick the shelf liner to the back of the cookie sheet by peeling off one corner of the liner and laying it down on a corner of the cookie sheet. Slowly pull the backing away as you smooth the liner onto the sheet. Cut off the excess shelf liner. 2. To make a hole for hanging, place the cookie sheet over a piece of scrap wood and use a hammer to punch a nail through the center of the rim. 3. For the pencil holder, cut a piece of shelf liner that's about an inch taller than the can. Wrap the liner around the can so that the ends overlap a bit, then cut off the excess liner. Glue two magnets to the side of the can. 4. For the bottle-cap magnets, glue a magnet inside of each cap. Cut a piece of card stock to fit the cap, write a name on it, and glue it on top of the magnet.
Hopefully I will have some nice photos of my project that I will add soon!

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I saw the same thing! I love family fun magazine!!! I'll be making one, too!!!