Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Buy Something New Today - Pottery

I am truly in awe of crafts other than mine. Actually I think of some more like art. Today the spotlight is shining on hand crafted pottery. I love the texture, the uneven color palette, the sturdiness, just the pure gorgeousness. I only have a couple of pieces in my collection - but after today's post I would love to have alot more!

P O T T E R Y



First is this perfect little bloom vase from La Pella Pottery. I love the shape of this as it reminds me of a beehive (another thing I love!). The colors are beautiful and earthy. This is a great starter piece that would show beautifully on a window sill or a bookcase.












Next is this simple but perfect bowl from Clay Slinging Mama. It has a generous size that makes it great for a variety of uses. I love how the finish drips towards the bottom - it gives it so much character. The colors are so warm and so lovely and would work in a variety of decor.











And lastly, from Montezuma Mudd is this most beautiful berry bowl/colander and plate. This artist is actually located in Mancos, Colorado - not too far away from where I grew up. I love supporting people and places that mean something to me. This set is so amazing and functional and would work for all of the fresh fruit in season now.

All three of these pieces would be perfect and thoughtful gifts for anyone on your list (ME!) and are all priced below $30. So if you have someone to buy for check out these functional works of art and browse the shops. You will probably see me there too.

4 comments:

Simply Sentimental said...

Good Morning Amanda-What great pottery finds....Thanks for sharing..have a good one..
~Sydnei

~Caroline~ said...

I really like the bowl from Mud Slinging Mama too! Great choices!

Caroline

The Stewart Stuff said...

I loved my ceramics class in high school! Too bad that was 15 years ago!!!

Leah said...

Oooo, I love that collander!!