Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Christmas presents?

I think I could make these for many of my friends and family and they would love them! What else am I going to do with the remaining 22 feet of this paper?! But I am so excited to say that I found the exact same shelf paper they used in the Family Fun article. You gotta love Target!



So without further adieu ---

I went with a round pizza pan because I thought that would be a more interesting shape than the traditional rectangle cookie sheet. It made it a little bit more difficult in trying to cut out the circle - but what I did was use the little paper that was taped on the inside of the pan and traced that. Of course it was smaller than I needed so I cut about an inch larger than what I traced. And in my haste to put this together I didn't completely peel off the price sticker and you can sorta see the little bumps of the sticker residue. Inside the bottle caps I had the perfect size button so I glued them in. The little can was from sliced mushrooms and that was easy to cover. I just added some ribbon trim around it to jazz it up a bit. The magnets I bought are crazy strong - next time I will look for something a little less powerful. :P And I finished off my little beauty with a brown ribbon tied in a bow to cover the nail.
I can't wait to do some more!

5 comments:

Simply Sentimental said...

That is too cute...I'll send you my snail mail address and I'll be waiting for my Christmas present..LOL...Thanks for sharing this grand idea...
~Sydnei

The Stewart Stuff said...

Of course yours turned out to be even cuter than the Family Fun one! You are too talented! I'm jealous over here!!!

~Caroline~ said...

What a fun idea! It turned out super cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Got here from Etsy. I'm also a blogger - but so new that I'm the only one there so far. Will comment RE visitors on the forum. Meanwhile, a comment on the cookie sheet bulletin board - a fabulous idea! Thank you for sharing. This is a good idea that my granddaughter can use for a Christmas present for Mom. We try to make our gifts wonderful without major expense. Lorena Etsy: lbowser111

kim said...

Thanks for the link. Yours is nicer w/ the round pizza pan. I am so doing one of these this week. Isn't family fun awesome. They have a special halloween issue magazine that just came out this week, it's 9.99 and I couldn't find it online. They did have it at barnes and noble store though. They have a robot costume in it that I am going to attempt to make but I have an 1/8 of your talent so wish me luck!