Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Signs of Fall

I need to go out and start buying my Fall stuff for outside. I go crazy with cornstalks and scarecrows, mums, and of course pumpkins. When we bring in the new stuff - that means that other things must be put away in the barn until next year.
Our little bear steps off of his rock perch and goes into hibernation until next Spring.



And our star plaque will be replaced with a gorgeous autumn wreath.


But one of the things I love the most - is all of the apples that have fallen off the trees in our orchard. Some are half eaten by the deer and other's look almost perfect, but soft. It is the smell... My husband cuts the grass on the lawn tractor and runs over all the apples. It smells like fresh apple cider right in my backyard. Love that!

3 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love the holidays! I love the fact that every month brings on a new reason to celebrate. Who doesn't love a party!?!

nathalie bearden said...

please don't tell me fall is almost here!!! i'm a summer kind of girl....sooooo i never look forward to the fall....especially knowing what comes afterwards! great job on the blog.

Anonymous said...

I adore the fall!