Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day...

We hope that you have enjoyed a beautiful day wherever you are!

Today Alayna, Vinnie, and myself drove down to Boston to see Paul. The doctors had decided to go forth with the bone marrow biopsy today. Paul was quite anxious about the procedure - but luckily it went much smoother, and less painful than he thought. They did it right there in his room. He had to lie on his stomach and they extracted the samples out of his hip bone. They need to let the sample sit in some solution for 24 hours before they can read it.

Dr. Neal introduced a new possibility as far as Paul's prognosis is concerned. Another biopsy on his lymph node may have to be performed before they can say, but it may be Lymphoma instead of Leukemia. I don't know much about it at this point but Dr. Neal said it would be the better scenario of the two. Lymphoma would not require such a strong round of chemotherapy and the success rate of overcoming it is much higher. Also he would not have to be in the hospital as long.
So we are now praying Paul has Lymphoma - which sounds quite weird to say!

I snapped a cute picture of Alayna happy to see her Daddy.

Photobucket

We want to thank everyone who has emailed or called us - your love and support is very much appreciated!

Amanda, Paul, & Alayna


2 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

We will pray for that, too! What a precious picture! I love it! They both look so happy to be together!!!

Don't forget to take good care of yourself, too! Thanks for the updates!

Love ya, Jen

Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda & Paul,
Its been a long time since seeing Paul, and Amanda, I've never met you but I feel as though I know you!! I am Wendi, Chris Barnwell's sister. I want to pass on our prayers to all of you. This has got to be a hard road for you all, and I want you to all know that we will pray for all of you. Paul is like a brother, and I only hold warm wishes for him and your family. Prayers do get answered. Stay faithful.

Wendi (Barnwell) Kerper & Family